Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4-8 corn tortillas
- olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 large eggs
- crumbled goat or feta cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded & cut into small pieces
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- garlic salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- fresh cilantro
- hot sauce
- Mix the tomatoes & avocado with lemon juice. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a sauté pan, add the black beans & 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro. Cook a few minutes until warm.
- Heat a splash of oil in another pan, warm the tortillas one at a time for 30 seconds over medium heat. Add some more oil & cook eggs sunny side up or over easy.
- Assemble: Plate the tortillas (I like to stack 2 at a time) top with black beans, tomato/avo salad & eggs. Finish with some cheese, green onion & chopped cilantro.
Source: Marla Meredith